I hope everbody is well and enjoying their summer hols. It has been fairly quiet on the slalom scene just lately, this tends to be the case in August as the majority of races take place in Scotland! The next suitable events we should be attending are as follows:
- Sep01/02, Hatfield, div 4 open, DN17 6EQ. Flat water slalom run by Green Star Canoe Club (Esther) all equipment and coaching available both days from Green Star, ideal for new comers or those just after some gate practice. Green Star is also celebrating 25yrs of operation on said weekend with BBQ’s etc so expect a fun friendly weekend.
- Sep 08/09, Hexham, div 2/3/4, camping TBC, NE47 9QF.
- Sep 15/16, Washburn, div 2 open, camping available, HG3 4BB.
- Sep 22/23, Oughtibridge, div 3/4, camping available, S35 0GG. ( ideal first slalom on moving water & very popular with juniors)
- Sep 29/30, Nene, div 2/3, camping available, NN4 7AA.
If your considering any of these events please speak to Neil or Dan and don’t forget to check out the canoeslalom.co.uk website for a full list of events and details.
Happy paddling, Dan.