We are having our first weekend away of 2015 this Easter! The venue is the River Ure at Sleningford Mill Caravan and Camp Site, North Stainley, Ripon, North Yorkshire. This caravan and camping site is right on the river bank and we have full access to the river all weekend!
This weekend is open to all, that is those who have paddled with us previously, and those newcomers who have attended the pool sessions this winter. The river caters for all abilities, with a still pool at the bottom of the site, gentle rapids and a slightly more difficult section for paddlers with a little more experience.
Please note however, that the River Ure has a large catchment area and can rise to high and fast levels, so we reserve the right to cancel any or all of the sessions, for some or all of the paddlers. The senior coaches will assess the river and make this decision on the day.
Should the river be in spate, there is a canal in Ripon we can paddle on, or there is always Lightwater Valley fun park which is only a few miles away!
● Instructed by our own BCU qualified coaches.
● Use of club Equipment. (While stocks last!).
● No fees for instruction, all you pay are your caravan and camping fees.
● Covered by club insurance (3rd party liability only).
● 2 days paddling, Saturday and Sunday 10:00 to 15:00, or just come for the day.
● See any club official for further details.
● Please book your caravan or tent pitch directly with the campsite:
www.sleningfordwatermill.co.uk Please quote booking refernce: Group GSCC Apr 039, so that we are all together.
● Rooms also be available at The Bull Inn, West Tanfield, 20 mins walk away: www.nichenosh.co.uk/thebull/ 01677 470678
Add your name to the list on our notice board at the pool to reserve your club equipment and so we have an idea of who is going, and please book early!
Although the use of club boats is free on a first-come-first served base, can everyone please make their own arrangements for transporting the kit to the venue!